11/09/2011

Griezmann should move

A 20 years old winger who have earned his first honour of 2010 Euro Under-19 Championship with France.
He has been offered a youth contract since he was 13 years old after a successful trial in the Basque country. Four years later he was promoted to the Real Sociedad first-team squad.
Griezmann ambition to move out from Real Sociedad has been highlighted quite numbers of time.


Given his ability to create opportunities for others from the flank, while still seizing goalscoring opportunities himself, a move to a more prestigious La Liga address must only be a matter of time. – World Soccer
Manchester United have their interest with Griezmann back in 2009 but it may due to time concern where it might be too early for him to move.
Lately in October he sparks some controversial statement saying that he would leave Sociedad for Atletico Madrid.
“My agent has told me of their interest,” he was quoted as telling L’Equipe in Colombia, where he was representing France in the World Under-20 Championships, “and it is a club that has always appealed to me. Atlético are always in the Champions League or Europa League and are one of Spain´s great clubs. They have fantastic support and the stadium is almost always full for every home game; if I was to go there it would be for football reasons only.”
Afterwards the 20-year-old claimed he had been misinterpreted, saying: “I was misunderstood and I will show the fans that on the pitch. They can whistle me at Anoeta but I will continue to give everything for Real. I never said I wanted to leave. It came from several newspapers that claimed I wanted to go, but I never said that. I only said I´d like to play with world-class players, from which I can learn, but I am fine here and want to enjoy it.”
However, he retracted his statement later and pledges to focus his career with Real Sociedad.
Real Sociedad however might risk of losing him in near future due to their bad run in the La Liga where they sits at the bottom of the La Liga table as at now. As for Griezmann, his ambition to play in the Europa League or Champions League was neither been unstoppable.
Possibility for him to leave the club is very high and even though playing in Spain would be his first choice.
Source : http://arsenalkorner.com/tag/antoine-griezmann/

No comments:

Post a Comment