8/23/2013

Griezmann: "My parents cried when I scored the goal"

Antoine Griezmann is revelling in being the decisive player for Real Sociedad's excellent victory in Lyon. He scored a truly brilliant goal which sealed his reputation among his compatriots as a star. Griezmann was the world's happiest man. "I'm really pleased. We want to show Europe we're a good team and that we play good football", he pointed out.

On being asked if he could have imagined a situation like Tuesday's: "A game as good as that, both for me and for the team, was beyond my wildest dreams. It was my first competitive match in France, and was even at the stadium I used to go to when I was small, and I wanted to show that my level, and that of Real Sociedad, is high", he said.
Griezmann grabbed the headlines in Spain and France. "That's when I realized what we'd achieved against Olympique Lyonnaise. My father went to France very early this morning to buy the papers from there and I'm very pleased that they have acknowledged that Real Sociedad was the better team," he added.
His father, like the rest of his close circle of family and friends, watched his performance from the Stade de Gerland grandstands. "I was told that my parents cried when I scored the goal. And that loads of people congratulated them. I'm really happy that it was a great night for them too", the French player admitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment