8/24/2011

Real Sociedad's Antoine Griezmann: I want to join Atletico Madrid

The winger is unhappy with how his employers have treated his transfer request so far this summer and is trying to engineer a move to Gregorio Manzano's outfit.

Last Saturday, the Frenchman expressed his wish to play at Vicente Calderon and he feels the time is right to move on from his current club.
Griezmann has spoken of his disappointment regarding the way in which Sociedad have treated him this summer but he remains hopeful that a move to the Vicente Calderon could still come to fruition.
"For several months now I was promised a reassessment of my position at the club," Griezmann said to L'Equipe.
"That tells me I am important to them [Real Sociedad]. But I have not heard or seen anything for the past three weeks from the club."
"I like their [Atletico Madrid's] project. I've made my decision. I want to go to Atletico Madrid who play regularly in European competitions."
The 20-year-old also believes he will make huge strides in his development as a player should he join Manzano's outift.
"I learn fast. I dream of playing with Atletico. I want to change clubs and I feel this decision is the best. I think I will make fast progress in Madrid."
However Griezmann stopped short of criticising his employers, instead saying that he hopes that "the two clubs agree on a move."
The highly-rated left winger, who can also operate as a striker, is currently in Colombia with the French national team as they participate in the Under-20 World Cup. 


Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/08/06/2607313/real-sociedads-antoine-griezmann-i-want-to-join-atletico

No comments:

Post a Comment