9/10/2011

Griezmann battling to win back Real Sociedad fans after Atletico Madrid comments

Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann faces a battle to win back fans after missing out on a summer switch to Atletico Madrid.
Griezmann goes into this season under a cloud after granting an interview in the summer in which he declared his desire to leave the club to play alongside "big players" at Atletico Madrid.


The deal subsequently collapsed, leaving Griezmann with relationships to rebuild, not least with the supporters.
He told the Diario Vasco: "I want to apologise again, turn the page and say that I regret what happened.
"On the pitch I will show my commitment to Real."
As for his reception from the Anoeta crowd, he added: "I prefer not to think about it. We'll see what happens.
"If they whistle again, I understand, but mostly I want them to encourage my team-mates."

Source: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/griezmann-battling-win-back-real-sociedad-fans-after-atletico-madrid-comments-1873141

No comments:

Post a Comment