9/28/2012

Griezmann wants contract extension

Real Sociedad's Antoine Griezmann is hoping to commit his future to the club despite attracting interest from bigger teams around Europe. Griezmann, 21, who has been at Sociedad since moving from his homeland France to Spain in 2009, was a transfer target for a number of clubs, including Athletic Bilbao, over the summer.


However, despite the interest, the France Under-21 international is not tempted by a big move elsewhere, preferring to keep his feet on the ground and extend his contract at his current club.
"I was clear from the beginning, the rumours do not affect me," he said. "I am very happy at Real. I have to extend my contract for another year because I love this club and the people there trust me."
Griezmann has represented his country at Under-21 level eight times but again the youngster is not getting ahead of himself and thinking about a call-up to the French senior squad just yet.
With the Under-21's decisive Euro 2013 play-off games against Norway coming up, the winger would rather focus on those first before worrying about a potential call-up from Didier Deschamps.
"I do not think too much about it too much," he added. "Currently I am focusing with the Under-21s. We have a match to play against Norway so I will continue to work and we will see in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment