11/14/2013

Griezmann: I’m in top form but I’d rather have points than goals

Real Sociedad forward, Antoine Griezmann is steadily climbing up the goal-scoring chart, scoring a goal in five consecutive matches, but the Frenchman would give up the personal success of the goals if he was able to get his team more points in the League table.


In a recent press conference, Griezmann spoke about his form and his chances of making it to the 2014 World Cup when his suspension with France ends.
“It was painful defeat [against Real Madrid], because we weren’t playing well, but we have to move on.  We’ve seen the errors which we need to improve, we will work well during the break and regroup ahead of the next match against Celta, which is very important.
“I’m feeling great.  I’m enjoying my football and that’s also accompanied by goals.  I’m on a good run of form, I don’t know if it’s my best since I debuted on the first team, but I’d rather have points than goals.
“I know that if I keep playing well, the [French national team] will take a look at me, but I’m not thinking about that.  I’m only thinking about helping La Real to be at the highest possible position at the end of the season, then whatever comes after that, we’ll see.

“We’re coming into this break better than we did the last one, we’ve won some games and have shown our style, we have to get to our best form to be at the top of the table by the end of the season and repeat what we did last season, we need to keep fighting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment